Anxiety Testing & Therapy
Anxiety can be overwhelming for most people, especially children and teenagers.
Do you or a loved one experience a constant stream of anxiety-filled thoughts or feel paralyzed by fear that prevents you from accomplishing your goals or just being able to relax or enjoy time with family and friends?
Anxiety is a general term that can encompass many different levels of severity and individual symptoms. But the different types of anxiety share one underlying commonality: it often feels unbearable, physically and emotionally, for the individual experiencing the anxiety.
Anxiety often keeps you stuck in the past or worried about the future, instead of being in and experiencing the present. At Dr. Angela Reiter & Associates, we can assist you or your loved one in conquering anxiety in a relaxing and supportive setting.
Why Are We a Better Option?
At Dr. Angela Reiter & Associates, our effective anxiety therapy services can help you achieve results quickly and get you back to your normal life again.
- We teach children, teenagers, adolescents, and their parents techniques to identify, accept, and work through anxious moments without becoming overwhelmed.
- We focus on goals and outcomes. In our therapy practice, we encourage patients to face their fears, calm their anxieties, and achieve life goals swiftly — often within a few weeks.
- Most patients need an assertive therapist who nudges them to face what they find uncomfortable: change. We provide an opinion, advice, and well-thought-out action plans. We do not need to talk endlessly about how you feel or about childhood memories, as that is not what creates lasting change for anxiety.
- We are active and engaging, which helps patients more quickly in the short term.
- There is a difference between just feeling good and changing your life. We provide intelligent strategies to help you achieve realistic goals.
Types of Common Anxiety
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder includes symptoms such as excessive anxiety and level of worry, restlessness, feeling keyed up and on edge, difficulty concentrating, muscle tension, and sleep disturbance.
- Panic Disorder symptoms include pounding heart, sweating, trembling, shortness of breath or smothering feeling, choking sensation, chest pain, nausea, dizziness, chills or heat sensation, tingling sensations, fear of losing control, and feelings of unreality.
- Social Anxiety includes marked fear of social situations where you feel you will be negatively evaluated. This often leads to avoiding social interactions.
- Specific Phobia includes marked fear or anxiety about a specific object or situation (e.g. flying, needles, animals, etc). With children, their reaction may include crying, clinging, or tantrums.
- Separation Anxiety Disorder includes symptoms such as distress when separated from an attachment figure, fear of harm coming to the attachment figure, refusal to sleep away from home, nightmares about separation, and repeated physical symptoms when away from attachment figure (e.g. stomachache).
- Other Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety can also occur as a reaction to a stressor such as a medical condition or another life event (e.g. divorce, separation, job loss, perceived failure, or setback).
Do you notice any of these symptoms?
The research-proven treatment for anxiety disorders is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). This process includes assisting you in identifying negative thought patterns about yourself and the world and challenging them in order to alter unwanted behavior patterns. We also utilize mindfulness-based techniques to assist in reducing in-the-moment anxiety that you experience as well as exposure therapy to overcome numerous anxiety symptoms involving objects or situations. Contact Dr. Angela Reiter & Associates today to take the first step in conquering your anxiety!